is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues,
second largest institutional pharmacy company in America
operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica North Little Rock
is recruiting a
to join our team,
working PRN, Saturdays and On-Call.
The successful candidate will provide pharmaceutical services to long term care and institutionalized patients in a manner that maximizes quality and patient safety. Participates in and oversees the dispensing of medication in accordance with federal and state regulations and PharMerica policy.
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate. Works with patient medical information to conduct Drug Utilization Review (DUR) on all prescriptions and review clinical edits to ensure there is no adverse drug interaction.
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies). Works with appropriate pharmacy technician in reconciling Controlled Substances Log(s) with inventory on hand and prescriptions dispensed to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Works with Chief RPh to ensure that implementation of cost containment strategies (Pre-Pack, Front-End Process, Cycle-Fill, etc.) occurs on all dispensing and procurement activities.
- Provides clinical expertise by responding to drug-related questions and concerns initiated by internal (Technicians, Nursing Staff) and external (Directors of Nursing, Administrators) customers.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record.
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and PharMerica policy.
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate.
- 1 year experience in a retail, mail-order or institutional pharmacy environment preferred.
- Current license in the state of practice.
- IV clinical experience preferred.
- Must be available to work
RN, Saturdays and On-Call
Interested candidates please apply on-line @
PharMerica - 2 years ago
The only time you'll see PharMerica's products is when a nurse hands you a pill in a paper cup. It is the country's...