As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This exciting program is introducing cutting-edge technologies including widgets and non-relational databases to a high visibility, high priority customer program that is critical to the mission of this organization and the war on terror. In this position, the candidate will work within an agile team, designing, developing, and testing applications. Developers and software engineers will help complete the installation and integration of COTS software into a GOTS system framework. Individuals will develop custom extensions and integration points for the COTS system in Java. Individuals also will be responsible for development of unit tests and build / deployment scripts, participate in project or program team reviews, and identify potential environmental impacts on systems. Individuals will work with project personnel to resolve schedule problems, ensure developed applications and systems transition to customers occur in a timely manner, assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters, and identify hardware and applications needed to complete the development process.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Experience with and/or training in the Agile methodology prior to reporting for duty
- Strong experience in JAVA development and J2EE architecture
- Experience producing and consuming web services
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with RDBMS/SQL
- Prior experience with data ingestion and ETL within the Community including data cataloging, data tracking, how ingestion interacts with database/file systems and applications
- Experience with Jboss, JMS and Drools
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledgeable in computer systems, hardware, and data architecture, gathering/identifying requirements, and developing an architectural solution
- Experience with transition planning in the Sponsor environment
- Experience with Sponsor IT security technologies
- Knowledge of the Sponsor's IT management processes, procedures and tools
- Experience with Spring MVC and Hibernate
- Experience with Jenkins, Junit and Subversion
- Experience with JSON and XML technologies
- Experience with Cassandra, Hadoop and SOA-P
Number of Positions
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...