Responsible to provide exceptional customer service to slot machine players in the casino, ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the gaming floor
* Continuously walks the assigned section, remaining alert for problems, servicing all lights, and giving the utmost in customer service to all patrons of Dover Downs.
* Promotes the use of the Capital Club card by approaching patrons in assigned area who are not currently using the card. Provides patron with a card to play with immediately and then directs them to the Capital Club, at their convenience, for further details regarding membership.
* Notifies management or Lead Ambassadors of customer's needs and requests; follows up to ensure customer's needs and requests have been addressed.
* Assists customers in all aspects of any slot- related or bill changer problems regardless of assigned section.
* Assists patrons with ticket information, its functions and benefits.
* Responsible for initiating and accurately key padding jackpot requests through the computer system.
* Responsible for processing taxable jackpots up to and including $5,000.
* Responsible for the security of keys and data system cards issued from check-in to check-out.
* Maintains the integrity of video lottery equipment and secures all company assets and property at all times.
* Responsible for keeping video lottery terminals in working order and reporting malfunctions for repairs.
* Responsible for a $1,000 bank needed to assist customers in breaking down large bills.
* Observes Delaware State Lottery regulations governing video lottery operations as well as company policies and procedures.
* Remains current on all events and marketing promotions taking place at Dover Downs.
* Responds promptly to all telephone inquiries.
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and regulations
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills. Prior customer service experience required.
* Previous money handling skills preferred.
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive a license from the DE Lottery
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire
* Must be able to maintain knowledge of basic concepts and techniques.
Accountable to: Lead Ambassador, Slot Operations Supervisor, Slot Operations Shift Manager
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.