Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset
The Senior Accounting Analyst will work at the direction of the North America Controller and is responsible for optimizing utilization of Oracle by the accounting organization for F5 worldwide and with assisting foreign subsidiaries with being compliant with US GAAP and consistent with F5 corporate policies and procedures. Position will also be responsible for acquisition related integration analysis related to transitioning from legacy system to Oracle and ensuring that subsidiary is in accordance with US GAAP during the transition.
Attractions of the Job:
This position will be based in Seattle, but international travel will periodically be required to support the accounting organizations in EMEA, APAC and Japan. There will be an opportunity to act as liaison between Corp accounting and subsidiary accounting teams and the various accounting teams and IT as this role works on various projects and initiatives. This is a project based position that is not expected to have month, quarter or year-end close, reporting or audit deliverables. Deadlines are project or initiative based.
· Consistency of Worldwide Reporting and Oracle Use (30%of time)
o Provide leadership in building out a consistent month end reporting package at Corp and with the subsidiaries that includes utilizing consistent MS Excel reconciliation templates and Oracle FSGs and reports.
o Update and maintain Oracle chart of accounts, financial statements, security rules and cross validation rules to reduce errors, maximize consistency in reporting and provide improved user information for month, quarter and year end internal and external reporting.
o Travel to subsidiaries during Oracle system configuration, test and go-live to support the implementation and users and to ensure a successful launch of Oracle. Communicate risks back to Corp and work together to develop a mitigation plan.
o Work with newly acquired entities to integrate accounting operations with F5 consolidated operations in a timely manner. This includes an analysis of how to transition from legacy accounting system to Oracle, timing of the transition and who should participate in the transition.
o Review key or material accounting activities at foreign subsidiaries to ensure that accounting is per US GAAP and consistent with Corp. Document the process and note if there are exceptions and a remediation plan or why the exception is acceptable.
· Oracle Projects & Enhancements (60% of time)
o Work with Users, IT and internal and external audit to identify areas for Oracle process and/or system utilization improvement and recommend solutions.
o Build required project business cases, assessments and communication plans to present to management, finance and eventually the IT Steering Committee to have project approved as needed.
o Liaison between IT, management and User groups.
o Participate in projects by providing input to the project structure and solution and acting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
o Test new functionality, enhancements and upgrades
· Miscellaneous Support of the Accounting and Finance Organization (10% of time)
o Additional special projects as assigned based on Ad Hoc needs of the company
Note: The percentages of time noted above are current estimates and may change at any time depending on the business needs of the company.
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Oracle experience with the following modules is a requirement: GL, AP, Purchasing, FA, AR, OM and Inventory. OKS, Pricing and Projects are a plus. FSG, Security Rules and Cross Validation Rules preferred.
· Experienced CPA or accounting professional with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience and knowledge of accounting practices performed by a Controller.
· Strong process analysis and documentation skills required.
· Self-starting individual with strong customer relationship skills, team skills and high personal standards of performance.
· Team oriented with a positive, collaborative attitude.
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
· Previous experience with Business Objects, GL Wand or other business intelligence or Oracle reporting tools a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
· CPA or MBA preferred
· 6-8 years related work experience
· Work experience with a technology company and/or an IT department a plus
· Work with international subsidiaries and international Oracle implementations a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
· Duties may require international travel several times a year for various projects (approximately 10%).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
F5 Networks Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
F5 Networks - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
While you may not know it, you’re likely using F5 solutions in some of your daily activities, including online banking, trading...