End Point is looking for a full-time, salaried DevOps engineer to work with our existing hosting and system administration team and consult with our clients on their needs. If you like to figure out problems, solve them, can take responsibility for getting a job done well without intensive oversight, please read on!
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- Work from your home office (this job post mentions Hawaii for timezone diversity and eastern Tennessee and Austin, TX because we may open offices there)
- Flexible full-time work hours
- Health insurance benefit
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Ability to move without being tied to your job location
What you will need:
- Remotely set up and maintain Linux servers (mostly RHEL/CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu), daemons, and custom software written mostly in Ruby, Python, Perl, and PHP
- Audit and improve security, reliability, backups, monitoring (with Nagios etc.)
- Support developer use of major language ecosystems: Perl's CPAN, Python PyPI (pip/easy_install), Ruby gems, PHP PEAR/PECL, etc.
- Automate provisioning with Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Work with internal and customer systems and staff
- Use open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
- Use your desktop platform of choice: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
Bonus points for experience:
- Professional experience with Linux system administration, networking, firewalls, Apache or nginx web servers, SSL, DNS
- A customer-centered focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directing your own work, and working from home
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Willingness to shift work time to evening and weekend hours when required
- Packaging software for RPM, Yum, and apt/dpkg
- Managing Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud, Heroku, or other cloud hosting services
- Working with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, CouchDB, or other databases
- Complying or auditing for PCI and other security standards
- Using load balancers, virtualization (kvm, Xen, VirtualBox, VMware), FC or iSCSI SAN storage
- Contributing to open source projects
StackOverflow Jobs - 6 months ago
End Point was established in 1995 by Rick Peltzman and Ben Goldstein with the aim of providing effective, innovative solutions and services...