Senior Network Engineer
May supervise Network Administrators and Contractors
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Network Administrator II has the responsibility for the maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of the organization’s production voice, video and data network infrastructure. Network infrastructure for Austal USA includes, but is not limited to, LAN, WAN, VLAN, WLAN, Wireless Bridging, VoIP (IP Telephony), QoS, Firewall, Telephony Systems, Telecommunications, Physical Security Cameras, DR Connectivity and Network Security Systems. The person in this position will work closely with members of the IT staff to ensure very high levels of network availability, security and efficiency. The Network Administrator II will serve as the technical resource for network production operations support and relevant systems projects and may be required to supervise the work of venders and junior engineers. The position will be responsible for managing small projects that may include the use of contractor and or vender supplied support.
- Review and address trouble tickets.
- Perform Cisco hardware upgrades and maintenance.
- Design WAN and LAN infrastructure layouts.
- Design WLAN infrastructure layouts.
- Design and configure network security (perimeter and edge firewalls).
- Configure Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and access points.
- Manage Cisco VoIP phone system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve WAN and LAN issues as they occur.
- Design and implement IP telephony solutions.
- Design and implement sophisticated VLAN configurations.
- Design and implement sophisticated routing configurations (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIPv2).
- Implement network and infrastructure related projects.
- Configure and manage network monitoring tools.
- Documentation and recording of configurations and repairs.
- Assist in developing system strategies and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree or 7 years of relevant network experience and CCNA certification
- BA/BS degree OR seven (7) years relevant network experience.
- Operations experience in an organization with 1000+ users
- Broad experience across the entire Cisco product line including Network, Security, & Communications
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Ability to direct work of junior administrator and contractors
- Must be able to guide and train junior administrators as required.
- Have an extensive understanding of subnetting and TCP/IP.
- Have an extensive understanding of network configurations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies as the company implements them.
- Ability to prioritize work flows.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair sophisticated LAN, WAN, or WLAN issues in a timely fashion.
- Proficient with Cisco IOS.
- CCNA, Network+, CCNP, or CCDA certifications a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance.
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES DESIRED
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem analysis, organizational, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Respectful team player
- Takes initiative to keep technology skills current
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
Packet Capture Tools (Sniffers), System Monitoring and Analysis Tools, Help
Desk Ticketing Systems, Online Project Management System, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and others as required
DIRECTION EXERCISED: N/A
Work within Austal Standards as directed by IT Director.
IT Management Line, End Users and External Technical Support
Candidates must be able to provide proof of US Person status.