The VMware Cloud Operations Team is seeking a motivated Senior System Administrator to join their team.
Your job will be to work closely with the architecture and development teams to help build and engineer a state of the art and operationally efficient cloud platforms. And then of course, you will be responsible for end–to-end operations of the various environments including production, DR and staging. Applicants must have direct hands-on experience in building and operating modern high scale web based applications platforms.
- As a System Administrator you are responsible for performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning for the storage environment.
- Deploy and operate large scale, highly available, cloud infrastructure environments
- Work with Systems Administrators and Architects on infrastructure projects
- Participate in on-call rotation to support 24x7 coverage of our services
- Hands-on involvement in the planning and execution of infrastructure-related changes, many of which are implemented during off-hours
- Maintain current expert knowledge of the VMware products, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter, ESXi/ESX
- Deep knowledge and experience in administering and supporting Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu) systems in a consumer facing web application environment
- Experience building and operating highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions
- Hands on experience in design, implementation and support of one or more of these core technologies – LDAP, DNS (BIND) and/or Mail (preferably Postfix) – at a large scale
- Expert knowledge in Shell scripting and working knowledge of at least one of these languages – Perl, Python, and Java. Development background a great plus.
- Experience with automated deployment and configuration tools like CFengine, Puppet, or Chef, is highly desired
- A good practical understanding of Web-based application development platforms (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- 5-7 years of experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 4.x, ESX 4.x, vSphere
- Expert scripting skills in one of the following languages (ksh/bash/perl/SQL)
- Expert in data storage protocols including CIFS, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, Linux Account Management
Palo Alto, CA Location Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition Number 35401BR
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: System Administrator, Linux, Java, Developer, Application Developer, Technology
Mozy is the leader in online data backup for consumers and businesses. With more than 750,000 users and 20,000 business customers, Mozy...