Skills for Success:
- Associate's degree in computer science or related field desire
- 2 or more years' experience in computer support
- Proficency in Windows XP/7 and Micrsoft Office 2010/13
- Must be able to move (lift, carry, pull) desktop PC's to and from various locations
- Good with troubleshooting basic PC issues
- Familiar with basic phone administration
- Familiar with basic printer setup
- Must have good communication and people skills
- Must be positive self-starter and possess a strong work ethic, an ability to meet/exceed deadlines, organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Resume response due date: 5 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013
The Technical Support Specialist is similar to the IT Helpdesk Support Administrator but will spend more time on the floor within the various work environments providing support. This person will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical system support to all Morley value center and resource center associates.
- Provide floor and helpdesk support as business needs require.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain PC desktop and laptop systems and peripherals.
- Support System and Network Administrators in daily workloads.
- Ensure the absolute integrity of all assigned work assignments.
- Ensure that all desktop and laptop systems are properly configured and tested before deployment.
- Ensure that all desktop and laptop systems have system connectivity and accessibility, and are tested and verified after deployment.
- Ensure that all assigned jobs are understood completely and executed thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Provide operational documentation as needed for common operational tasks.
- Provide all desktop operational support.
- Implement security systems that will provide detection, prevention, containment, and deterrence mechanisms to protect and maintain the integrity of data.
- Support compliance in the areas of system security, user access, resource access and authentication.
- Accept and execute all related and/or associated assignments and responsibilities as instructed by senior management.