Responsible for business-getting with emphasis on long-term client development and high value property.
The Senior Specialist also coordinates the sale of property, requiring in-depth knowledge of domestic client relationship management and relevant markets for the Print field.
- Develop business contacts and strategic opportunities, including developing auction and private sales strategies with department head and business manager
- Identify and maintain relationships with clients, dealers and collectors
- Serve as senior member of team on business-getting efforts, working with the Commercial Director’s office, senior department specialists and the Proposals department on shaping proposals and in pitching business
- Work with major clients to sell high value property
- Function as liaison with Estates and Appraisals, working on appraisals
- Participate in departmental hilling sessions (meetings to determine value, condition and marketability of property)
- Write and prepare catalogue essays
- Participate in pre-selling upcoming auctions through targeted marketing efforts
- Participate in Telephone Bidding with clients during the auction.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History or Decorative Arts preferred; or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years paid work experience in related field
- Demonstrated ability to bring in property and conduct appraisals
- Renowned expertise in field
- Knowledge of E-mail, Spreadsheet, Word Processing and Presentation software (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Ability to learn Christie’s systems including Siebel, Property System, intranet and website.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Superior client service skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Work is performed in an office setting; and off-site in various client settings (private, corporate and institution.)
- Noise level in the office work environment is moderate, will vary for external locations.
- Required to handle, inspect and/or take photographs of works of art for appraisal and consignment
- Required to create written or recorded descriptions of inspected items
- Required to attend events, exhibitions, art fairs locally, domestically and internationally
- Required to meet with clients on-site and off-site
- Required to travel according to business requirements; travel can mean one week or more away from the office (local, domestic and international)
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED:
Basic office equipment including: personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, office supplies, digital camera
Christie's is the world's leading art business in global auction sales Christie's is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art,...