This position provides support for company-wide capital expenditure planning, analysis, reporting, and capital approval process and controls. The scope of capital project analysis goes beyond the capital expenditure itself, extends into all facets of the Company’s operations, and can be quite complex. This position is responsible for ensuring that proposed capital projects meet expected rates of return and are based on a thorough and quantifiable business case.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with executive sponsors to document business cases for strategic initiatives; quantify or define costs, benefits, timelines, contingencies, and implications, including NPV, ROI, and payback period. Develop fact-based assumptions and financial models.
- Lead the capital request process, including administration, customer service and status inquiries, and reporting; maintain capital request database and numbering.
- Lead the monthly Capital Forecast including analyzing and partnering with business partners to ensure accurate and appropriate forecasts. Prepare monthly reporting and variance analysis for Capital Committee. Assist in the preparation of Board presentations. Perform post audit analysis of completed capital projects; partner with project leaders and business unit leaders to document spending variances (capital & expense), benefits variance, execution timeline compliance, supplier/consulting partner performance, IRR & ROI, payback period, lessons learned and next steps; present to the Capital Committee.
- Support the annual capital planning and strategic planning processes: prepare templates and historical data, partner with constituencies to gather inputs, review consolidations and detailed plan revisions; maintain the planning model and perform detailed variance analysis; coordinate closely with Financial Planning group on expense and cash flow implications of proposed capital plans.
- Various ad-hoc analysis projects.
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- S ignificant previous analytical experience, including financial modeling
- Highly motivated, strong initiative and comfortable in a fast paced environment
- 4 year college degree preferably in Finance/Economics; MBA a plus
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite of applications, MS Excel of highest importance. Oracle Financials and Hyperion Essbase experience a plus, but not required.
Michaels - 30+ days ago
Michaels Stores is crafty. The nation's #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates about 1,075 Michaels Stores across the US and Can...