The Construction Manager is part of the Operations team and is fully responsible for the oversight and management of the project cycle for all Vista Solar PV projects. This includes, but is not limited to the following;
- Project planning including defining schedule and budgets which meet contract requirements
- Support of the design process through plan-check and permitting
- Aiding the Project Manager (PM) in defining elements of work and soliciting bids for subcontracted work where necessary
- Providing direction and supervision of all field activities related to the physical construction
- Supporting PM in managing the project budget, cash flow and schedule through the project cycle
- Oversight of the data management for all project data flows including submittals, RFI’s etc.
- Oversight for all quality and safety requirements on the project
- Materials and equipment planning and requisition
- Planning/management for all general conditions requirements to successfully install the project on-time and within budget, while maintaining required levels for quality and safety.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of workers are on site to ensure adequate progress of work, coordination of trades and overall project completion to meet contractual commitments
- Manage project daily log and timesheets.
- Conduct site audits for new projects.
- Other responsibilities as they arise.
- BS in architecture, engineering or construction preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in construction of commercial and residential projects.
- 3-years in PV systems preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of construction products, practices, subcontracting and project work flow/sequencing.
- Certifications: Class B, C-10, or C-46 License, NABCEP, and Certified Project Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
- Must be very organized and be able to meet aggressive timelines.
- Experience in similar capacity on an Operations team for commercial projects directing crews or tradesmen in general construction, assembly and/or electrical work.
- Detailed knowledge of construction budgets and schedules.
- Knowledge of major PV components (PV Modules, inverters and racking systems, preferred.
- Ability to lead craftsmen and construction crews.
- Proficient with project management tools, such as Microsoft Project of Merlin
- Must have knowledge of OSHA compliance standards or familiarity with formal safety practices.
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must deliver a high level of customer service.
Qualified candidates should please forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary, Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental and Vision