Project mission is to assist in preparation of assertion packages to achieve audit readiness in compliance with methodology established in accordance with the most current Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance and AF Acceleration Plan, by meeting or exceeding timelines established in AF FIPs for each assessable unit/statement.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will perform field work (analysis and auditing of financials) and learn or improve upon knowledge and auditing skills in the DoD environment. All work will be in accordance with the Operating Standards listed below.
Operating Standards Environment:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), and internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR) in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars (A-123, A-127, A-134, A-136, and others).
- Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) requirements
- OUSD(C) FIAR Guidance
- DoD and Air Force Financial Management Adherence to the Federal Accounting Standards Advisor Board (FASAB), Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Concepts (SSAC), and Statements of Federal Accounting Standards (SFFAS)
- DoD financial management policies and procedures
- AF policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- BS degree in accounting, finance, or a related business field and 0 - 4 years of experience.
- Very good analytical skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and writing skills a must.
- U.S. Citizen, ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance, and a current a minimum of an Interim Secret approved or a completed/approved Interim National Agency Check plus written Inquiries (NAC-I).
More about PSI: Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting,information technology services, and other services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Program Management and related services to Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
- Experience in support of DoD or Federal Agencies.
- Financial statement audit experience.
Planned Systems International - 11 months ago