About the Job
We are seeking a motivated, creative and tenacious individual to drive the growth of one of our newest products in the Application Performance Solutions product line. The role involves taking full ownership of the product and working closely with engineering and a cross-functional team including marketing, sales, channels, services, network and operations, customer care, finance and legal. The product manager will be responsible for defining the product's over all strategy and driving execution against it.
About the Team
Application Performance Solutions is one of Akamai's fastest growing businesses. We are a small, entrepreneurial team working on growing a new business at Akamai. As a team, we are responsible for shaping the business and operations strategy and driving cross functional execution against it. The product team is responsible for delivering innovative products and services to solve unique business problems in ways never attempted before.
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand market requirements and feedback.
- Follow industry trends and competition to adjust product strategy and roadmap.
- Define the business strategy and manage execution against the business plan for the product working closely with engineering, network operations and the global sales, services, support and marketing organization.
- Define market requirements and prioritize them with engineering to deliver them on time.
- Collaborate with marketing to define the product's go to market plan, specifically pricing and positioning.
- Work with business operations to analyze key operational metrics and trends.
- Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases.
Education: BA/BS Degree, Master’s preferred
Overall Experience: 7+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience with product management, product marketing or product development
- 2+ years of experience with Internet related technologies
- Clear industry and product leadership skills in the area of application acceleration.
- Experience with enterprise networks/applications and WAN optimization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perserverance to handle challenging business situations at all levels of management.
- Ability to assess new markets, analyze business opportunities and execute against them.
- Perserverance, creativity and initiative to handle challenging business situations.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
Akamai provides market-leading managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Having pioneered the content delivery market more than a decade ago, Akamai's services have been adopted by many of the world's most recognized brands across diverse industries. Since its start in 1998, Akamai has grown from a research “big idea” into one of the world’s most successful technology companies, with consistent profitability and inclusion as an S&P 500 company. With more than 2,000 employees and over 65,000 servers located around the globe, Akamai is committed to innovation in technology and service. Akamai has transformed the Internet into a more viable place to inform, entertain, advertise, interact, and collaborate. Akamai - Powering a Better Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply to the link below.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Monster - 3 years ago