- preferred qualification, current Deerfield Distribution associate
- performing a number of functions on a variety of equipment according to company policy; federal, state, and local regulations; repair manuals; factory specifications; blue prints; schematics; and his or her own knowledge of the equipment
- teaching and assisting other associates and
- assisting in other duties as assigned.
- be at least 18 years old
- be able to work nights
- be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- successfully complete the following tests (before his or her start date in the position)
- Following Written Directions
- Space Visualization
- Mechanical Aptitude
- be able to interpret, understand, follow and communicate instructions
- have knowledge in pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical theory, including three phase power, A.C. and D.C. power circuits, motor controls and programmable logic controllers
- have working knowledge of various electrical and industrial codes
- have at least two years of experience in electronics, control work, air conditioning, refrigeration or as an electrician, machinist or maintenance mechanic
- be able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals
- be capable of generating and processing work on a computerized maintenance-management system
- be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- be able to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
- have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix’s mission.
- current Deerfield Distribution associate
- have two years experience in crane systems and conveyor equipment
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
▪ Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
▪ An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
▪ 401(k) retirement savings plan
▪ Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
▪ Group dental plan
▪ Group vision plan
▪ Sick pay
▪ Long-term disability insurance
▪ Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
▪ Tuition reimbursement
▪ Vacation pay
▪ 6 paid holidays (can be used on other days)
▪ Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
▪ Paycheck direct deposit
▪ Credit union
▪ Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
Temperatures could range from 20 degrees below to 90 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period of time; also involves working in a wet environment.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through December 31. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...