This position is contingent upon contract award.
This position will be located at Naval District Washington which includes a large geographic area surrounding the District of Columbia. The area includes Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia within approximately a 60 mile radius of the Washington Navy Yard.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of technical tasks of increased complexity including installation, testing and repairs of equipment. Leads, consults, and mentors employees within and outside the work group. Complexity of assignments typically requires considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, and to resolve design and operational problems. Supervisor provides advice on unusual or controversial problems or policy matters. Completed work is reviewed for compliance with overall project objectives.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment.
- Performs preventative, corrective maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
- Reads blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling equipment.
- Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
- Determines test requirements and procedures and conducts tests of installed system/equipment using various types of instruments
- Participates in process improvement initiatives to provide timely, cost-effective, quality services.
- Prepares operating and malfunction reports. Records and evaluates data and reports findings.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Orients and trains employees in work group.
- Assigns and monitors the work of employees in work group.
The candidate will be required to respond to reports of failure within 1 hour via phone and be on-site within 4 hours to commence repairs. Repairs will be completed in no more than 48 hours. Candidate will be responsible for updating the governments REMEDY Maintenance Database. This position is for repair and preventive maintenance of Government Emergency Land Mobile Radio (ELMR). The ELMR system is based on Harris P25 Trunked Radio Systems, familiarity with this system is extremely desirable.
Excellent communications skills
Knowledge of Project Management and Six Sigma Processes
Extensive knowledge of Trunked Land Mobile Radio Systems, specifically Harris P25 Series
Ability to operate independently with little supervision
Strong knowledge of general electronics and specifically high frequency RF systems
Strong problem solving and Leadership skills
Basic Qualifications :
Associates Degree and 10 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, 14 years of related experience.
Must U.S. Citizen
Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance or above
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell - 2 years ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...