Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. The company has an outstanding opportunity in its highly visible Corporate Risk Management (CRM) department for a risk analyst with experience in market and liquidity risk management practices for a bank or large financial services organization. This person will play a vital role in assisting in the continued development of CRM’s market and liquidity risk oversight framework, strengthening the team's analytic capabilities, will have front-line involvement enhancing DFS' enterprise-wide market and liquidity risk oversight processes, and will participate in a variety of cross-departmental corporate initiatives and special projects.
• Support the continued development and implementation of an independent oversight framework for market and liquidity risk management. Work closely with the team's Senior Manager to help refine CRM policies, procedures and documentation relating to the management, monitoring and reporting of these risks. Collaborate with DFS business units – particularly Treasury – to improve the robustness of risk oversight practices, due diligence, and compliance processes.
• Perform and enhance periodic market and liquidity risk metrics validation processes.
• Maintain current/develop new reports for management that track key business and risk metrics, provide more frequent limit compliance monitoring, and recommend improvements/enhancements and develop and maintain a strong documentation process.
• Research and track compliance with supervisory guidance and industry best practices.
• Provide "thought leadership" on key topics, and participate in other risk-related projects on an as-needed basis.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, with a concentration in a quantitative field (i.e. economics, finance, risk management, statistics).
• Three to five years of experience in financial risk management practices/measurements, or other risk management practices, (preferably at a financial services organization), is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Access databases, Bloomberg, or other database/software/analytical tools a plus.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities; solid analytical, interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, and an ability to balance independent project work with cross-departmental responsibilities.
• Comfortable working in a fluid and dynamic environment where roles and responsibilities are evolving.
Additional, preferred qualifications:
Experience in any of the following areas: market or liquidity risk measurements/risk scorecards/benchmarking ; developing/enhancing financial risk reporting systems; evaluating regulatory standards/guidance (Basel, FDIC, Federal Reserve); investment portfolio risk analysis; economic capital processes/models.
You can make an impact. Whether it’s developing corporate strategy, innovating new services or supporting IT needs, every employee has...