Willis Capital Markets & Advisory (WCMA) is a specialized investment banking boutique within the Willis Group, focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Founded in 2009 and based in New York and London, our team provides M&A, strategic, capital raising and IPO advisory services as well as equity, debt, contingent capital and insurance-linked securities (ILS) underwriting.
On average, our Managing Directors have over 20 years of experience advising insurance clients across a broad range of market cycles and industry sectoirs. We leverage that collective experience, which includes hundreds of insurance M&A, ILS and capital raising transactions, to advise our clients on the full array of strategic and financing alternatives available.
We share the Willis Group's commitment to building long-term client relationships by providing innovative solutions and superior service. We provide clients with objective advice that is in their best long-term interest. Willis has been in business since 1828 and our firm and group maintains a long term perspective.
Summer Analyst Program
The summer program kicks off with a training session where you'll learn the WCMA basics: technical skills, our views on the market and professional practices that will make your summer experience all the more valuable. Training will continue throughout the summer where you work side by side with industry professionals. Outstanding performers may be considered for a full-time positiion upon graduation.
As active team members, summer analysts help orchestrate capital raising and strategic advisory transactions. Summer analysts are called to:
- Perform various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Prepare presentation and other materials for clients
- Participate in due diligence sessions
- Communicate and interact with deal team members
- Manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Pursuing BA degree with outstanding academic qualifications
- A track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activies
- Combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communication skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the investment banking industry
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates...