Agile Program Manager/Part time
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
The GeoINT Systems Department is searching for an experienced Program Manager (PM) to manage the integration, development and deployment of geospatial capabilities in support of a large systems development effort.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the combined program, and will serve as the liaison between line management, the project team, and the customer to develop and implement technical solutions that meet customer cost, schedule, performance, and quality objectives. The selected candidate must be experienced leading lifecycle engineering and development processes, and leading multi-disciplinary teams comprised of software developers, systems engineers, system integrators, system architects, integrated logistics support professionals, quality assurance engineers, testers, and configuration managers.
The Program Manager will direct and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and contract financial terms and conditions in support of geospatial integration, development and deployment activities. He or she will act as the primary contact for geospatial project activities, participating as needed in integrated process team (IPT) coordination and design meetings. Previous hands-on experience with geospatial development, integration and deployment activities is desired.
The PM will lead the development team to deliver required capabilities in accordance with cost, schedule, and technical performance objectives, and will establish milestones and manage performance to adhere to delivery plans and schedules. Project management/system integration tasks include:
• Identifying and validating stakeholder requirements, needs, and expectations; leveraging subject matter experts to validate requirements and maintain traceability; oversee technical feasibility studies; and develop technical approaches
• Managing the integration and delivery of project deliverables to the customer, including developing and executing, readiness, testing, acceptance, and deployment plans
• Managing all aspects of the project life cycle, including attainment of project milestones and meeting control gates
• Supporting customer meetings, including scheduling of meetings, preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes, and recording and tracking action items.
• Preparing and delivering briefings for various technical exchange and programmatic meetings
• Bachelors degree in a geospatial or cartographic sciences, geography, electrical engineering, or related field, and at least 13 years experience in Program Management and Information Technology
• Active TS/SCI clearance required (US Citizens only)
• Experience in leading software development using spiral and/or agile development
• Experience in managing multi-million dollar classified programs
• Experience in requirements management and deployment support for IT development projects
• Exceptional communication skills (written and oral)
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 18 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...