Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C. (Argy), recently named as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work" by the Washington Business Journal, provides an array of specialized tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services. Argy serves a broad base of clients in the government contracting, non-profit, technology, real estate, medical, automotive, publishing, professional services and hospitality sectors. Our exceptional service and consistent rapid growth have been recognized by such publications as Inside Public Accounting, Accounting Today, Public Accounting Report and Forbes . Most notably, Argy was named one of the 25 “Best of the Best" firms in the U.S. for the 4 th consecutive year, we were listed on the Top 100 firms in the nation in terms of revenue and size, and we continue to climb the local Business Journal’s list of top CPA firms, yet we remain one of the youngest firms recognized.
In an industry known for excessively long hours and great personal sacrifices, Argy offers its employees a truly solid work-life balance. This balance allows Argy to attract and retain top talent, offering clients tremendous industry and technical experience from a highly qualified team. Argy has approximately 250 employees and generated $50M of revenue in 2010.
As a State and Local Tax Manager, you will have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Demonstrating technical expertise, particularly in the income and franchise tax areas.
- Managing/Supervising projects supported by experienced and inexperienced staff.
- Assisting with technical development of Staff and Seniors.
- Assisting with business development activity - attending firm meetings, attending client meetings and participating in business development processes.
- Developing and leveraging relationships within the firm and the DC business community.
- Assisting with business strategy planning, development and implementation for the SALT consulting group.
Knowledge - Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards
- Understanding of a broad range of accounting issues including those involving higher levels of judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific procedures
- Knowledge of accounting, tax, audit and related business trends
- Ability to review and provide feedback on work prepared by Tax Staff and Seniors in a professional manner
- The ability to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Manages own time and the time of others
- Motivates, develops and directs people as they work
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interviews, trains and orients staff
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Active Certificate in Public Accounting (CPA), JD, or MST
- Minimum five years experience; preferably relevant U.S. public accounting experience with a large firm
- DC market experience preferred
- Previous experience in a State and Local Tax environment
Top 3 Reasons to Work for Argy
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits. Our package includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical plans, dental coverage, vision coverage, FSAs, 410k plan with matching and profit sharing, annual bonuses, CPA bonuses, firm-paid association memberships, free gym memberships, free parking, and retail discounts. We also offer 5 weeks for paid time off per calendar year and flexible work schedules. It is our goal for all Argy employees to have a genuine work-life balance!
- Progressive Development. Argy offers several firm-paid Continuing Professional Education programs on-site, as well as a budget for off-site CPE courses. We also offer tuition reimbursement to all full-time Argy employees.
- Company Growth Means Career Advancement for Employees. Argy has a strong record for promoting employees to support new client engagements. We have a mentor program in place that supports our goal of internal promotion and individual growth. Our average growth rate of 20% creates numerous promotional opportunities.