Great food and great careers – this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Yard Driver position will perform the following duties:
• Locates and moves full and empty trailers to and from various loading dock doors.
• Couples and uncouples "yard Tractor" to and from trailers and secures trailers in the yard.
• Checks with supervisor promptly at the start of the shift for days assigned schedule.
• Move "Yard Tractor" to the loading dock and attaches preloaded trailer.
• Transports loaded trailer with "Yard Tractor" or regular tractor to the proper storage location in the yard.
• Performs "safety check" inspection of the trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
• Secures the trailer landing gear and uncouple the trailer with the 5th wheel pin.
• Connects and disconnects brake lines as needed.
• Attaches empty trailers to "Yard Tractor" and transport to the appropriate loading dock door.
• Performs general housekeeping duties in work area as needed.
• Secures all equipment and completes all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
Four day work schedule: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. Starting time @ 1PM (afternoon shift)
Performance Food Group is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience moving trucks preferred
Based in Centennial, Colorado, Vistar Corporation operates two businesses that focus on different sub-segments within the food distribution...