The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. StarCite is part of the Active Network. StarCite provides web based solutions that help buyers and suppliers strategically manage corporate meetings and events, providing the world's leading online meeting management platform.
Active Network is looking for a Desktop Support Technician that will be responsible for a variety of activities that include planning, design and delivery of technical infrastructure and desktop solutions. You will also apply functional knowledge and technical expertise to the design of systems to support
customer needs, as well as the technologies implemented across the IT department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
• Implement technical solutions in Microsoft and multi-vendor environments: Infrastructure Optimizations Desktop Upgrades/Transformations; Application Virtualizations; and Infrastructure Architecture/Implementations
• Contribute to architecture, design and planning of technical solutions.
• Deliver technical solutions as per specified plans, deliverables, costs and timelines.
• Gather business and technical requirements and translate them into IT solutions
• Manage multiple responsibilities and assignments while maintaining a high level of quality.
• Work in team environments that span functional and geographic boundaries.
• Document technical issues, solutions and support information.
• Clearly articulate technical issues, solutions and activities to colleagues and customers
• Demonstrated technical configuration, implementation and support expertise with the following technologies, strategies and activities:
• Desktop Transformation and Migration projects and activities
• Desktop Image Design and Deployment projects and activities
• Windows Desktop Operating Systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP
• Mac operating system and hardware expertise including Mac Server and administering Mac’s in primarily Windows desktop environments
• System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2007)
• Application packaging projects and activities
• Well developed practical operating knowledge of common desktop/laptop hardware and application software specifically, Windows, MS Office Suite, Blackberry configuration, workstation imaging processes and print services and printers; system application, systems management, data communication including basic networking in LAN/WAN environment and remote access solutions.
• Familiar with conferencing technologies such as Video Conferencing
• Working in a team environment and experience working cohesively with related IT teams
• Basic understanding of the project management life cycle
• Gathering information, analyzing and providing trending analysis
• Proven writing skills with the ability to organize and present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate technical issues and activities to technical and non-technical staff
• Exceptional writing skills, including documenting configuration and support information
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Uncompromising integrity, common sense and good judgment.
• Strong customer service focus and attention to detail
• Results-oriented and customer-focused. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers
• Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, reprioritize tasks, establish priorities, work independently and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and problem-solve complex issues
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment
• Work with detailed technical information and hands-on technology experience
• Work as part of a team
• Manage personal stress and know own limits - ask for help when needed
• Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgment
• Provide basic communication, facilitation, and post resolution reporting for high severity incidents
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with 3rd Party partners (as required)
• Receive and manage afterhours alerts
• Provide after-hours or weekend maintenance as needed
Additional knowledge and experience with the following technologies would also be an asset:
• Technical solution design and planning experience
• Planning, design and delivery expertise with the following technologies and activities:
• Microsoft System Center Management technologies
• Service Now Incident Management tool
• Microsoft Database technologies: SQL Server
• Microsoft Communication technologies such as Exchange 2010
• Microsoft Collaboration technologies: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS)
• Microsoft Cloud Services: Azure, Office 365
• Powershell Scripting and process automation
The Active Network, Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard