Sr. Business Leader- Technical Product Development (Job Number: 131209)
Location - United States-CA-Foster City
Organization - Technology
Job - Mktg/Product Development
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 6,500 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
About the Opportunity
Sr. Business Leader, Technical Product Management will be responsible for managing the product development lifecycle for Visa's digital wallet products and related service offerings for consumers, issuers and merchants. The Sr. Business Leader drives cross-functional teams that span multiple product and technology disciplines. Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to effectively manage multiple work streams.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years product development experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while leading cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable.
The candidate will have a successful history of leading large scale, complex development efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product specifications. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and workstreams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives.
- Management of development functions including business requirements elaboration, systems and process flow analysis, meeting critical milestones and deliverables that are time and scope boxed
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a maturing, hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) PDLC framework
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity
- Proven ability to define needs, develop plans, coordinate resources and implement action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Provide guidance to technology groups in their development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders
- Continually evaluate product capabilities and provide guidance to product roadmap and strategy
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in product development (PDLC) and management
- Domain expertise in end-to-end management and support of large scale product development efforts; overseeing multiple products/workstreams in various stages of product lifecycle; tracking, alignment and staging of work around numerous dependencies
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
- Ability to lead through organizational change and ambiguity
- Strong business analytical skills to develop technical and functional requirements, use cases, user story maps and other related artifacts.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company
- Strong resource management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is highly desirable.
Visa - 23 months ago
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...