A WPX Safety Intern will apply basic principles and concepts that may include but not limited to:
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Provide assistance on varied safety projects associated with drilling, completions and production.
- Exposure to Safety, Health and Environmental projects
- Lead monthly safety meetings and safety tailgate meetings
- Update Emergency Response Plans
- Monitor safety policies and operations including safety training and programs, OSHA compliance
- Projects will produce recommendations on findings related to injury reduction, compliance and improvements
- Gas monitor program evaluations
- Support with industrial hygiene sampling
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Team player with good time-management skills
- Ability to quickly learn software programs such as databases and Microsoft Office products. (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Fire Protection and Safety Technology, Environmental Health or a Safety related degree
- Have one to two summers left before graduation
- 3.0 GPA preferred
- Must be eligible to work permanently in the United States upon graduation.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
WPX Energy is an oil and gas E&P company based in Tulsa. It has Piceance Basin, Three Forks, San Juan Basin, Powder River Basin and...