Red Hat Cloud Engineering is seeking a developer with broad software engineering experience and an interest in Infrastructure as a Service to join their OpenStack team.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute generally to the OpenStack effort upstream and in Fedora. This will include a specific role in defining the architecture of new projects or features, and developing those from inception through to inclusion upstream.
The role involves being a part of a distributed team and working independently but in tight collaboration and regular communication with other team members and upstream developers. Ideal candidates should be passionate about cutting edge software development, and open source.
Teams are geographically diverse, so candidates can be located nearly anywhere; however, we would prefer candidates local to our offices in Westford, MA; Brno, Czech Republic; Tel Aviv, Israel and Raleigh, NC.
Primary job responsibilities
* Focus on the security and identity aspects of the OpenStack project, including evaluation of existing security practices, solutions and architectures.
* Drive the security architecture of OpenStack to leverage industry best practices and software
Required skills and experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 10+ years of significant software development experience
* Experience in several programming languages - e.g. C, Java, Ruby, Python - with Python experience being a particular advantage
* Deep knowledge of the identity management related technologies like: LDAP, Kerberos, PKI, SSO, SSL
* Experience working with security/identity concepts in the context of Cloud infrastructure / deployments
* A passion for open source software development
* A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures
* A deep understanding of Cloud Computing and Infrastructure as a Service
* Focus on test driven development with good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and methodologies
* Packaging experience with distributions using RPM
* Experience with KVM based virtualization and libvirt
kerberos, sso, ldap, openstack, pki
Red Hat, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source co...