The Branch Manager is responsible for creating an environment that promotes relationship building with customers, peers and business partners in order to lead a high performance team to meet and exceed goals. Managers will lead by example performing a ‘Player/Coach’ role; be viewed as a trusted advisor with clients; follow sound, ethical banking practices and adhere to regulations and procedures. Participates actively in the community to ensure the Bank’s reputation is strong, and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
Annual achievement of goals will be delivered through consistent execution of Johnson Bank’s vision and core values.
1. As head “Coach”, coach the branch team to continually grow whole client relationships by proactively expanding new and existing relationships by advising and recommending appropriate solutions that will exceed client expectations. Key components: weekly branch sales meeting, weekly individual coaching sessions, observations with clients, outbound contacts, appointments, needs assessment via the Johnson Bank Relationship Review or other tools, sales goal achievement, and closed referrals.
2. As “Player”, develop, maintain and grow own book of business and consumer clients – develop relationships, determine needs for products (open accounts, loan products, other deposit products, etc.), refer to other business lines. Will actively develop external business opportunities.
3. Consistently achieves financial goals.
4. Understand and monitor balance sheet and financial performance.
5. Effectively communicate performance expectations; monitor and hold staff accountable for their performance and their actions.
6. Act as a “Coach” for associates to leverage strengths and understand and identify gaps in performance; conduct one-on-one meetings and timely appraise performance.
7. Create and sustain an environment which supports teamwork and mutal respect.
8. Execution of strategic sales management process aligned with our business strategy to enhance bottom-line sales results.
9. Knowledge of full portfolio of JFG products and services; lead and coach sales team to cross-sell full breadth and depth of products.
10. Create and sustain an environment which supports teamwork and mutual respect.
11. Execution of our comprehensive sales process which includes successful prospecting, planning and gaining new business.
12. Knowledge of full portfolio of JFG products and services; actively cross-sells full breadth and depth of products. Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales, cross-sales and referral goals.
13. Expand new and existing relationships by advising and recommending appropriate solutions that will exceed client expectations.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
2-5 years in a relationship sales role, successfully leading sales efforts of other sales staff.
Proven management experience in a financial institution and relevant to level (typically minimum 18 months-2 years).
Demonstration of solid credit skills.
National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration required.
Proven ability to exceed goals.
Ability to lead and mentor staff to exceed goals.
Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
Demonstrated effectiveness in managing operational requirements.
Strong knowledge of products and services.
Johnson Financial group - 13 months ago
We also offer our personal and commercial customers:
Automated banking services
Personalized, complementary financial planning