We are seeking Military Apprentices who are working towards transitioning their careers into the civilian sector. Our program accepts applications from military service men and women from all branches of the military. The program is designed to immerse an apprentice into a position for six months where they will be able to contribute to their role and learn many aspects of running our business. The 2013 military apprenticeship positions are paid $20.00/hour and provided with some travel privileges.
- Support the current technicians and engineers with a variety of technical
Simulator projects including but not limited to Hardware Flight Management Computer upgrade,
Visual model updates, malfunction generation
- Perform tasks such as pre-flight, crew write-ups and preventive maintenance
- Job shadow Simulator Engineers and Simulator Technicians
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Military experience required
- Experience working professionally in an environment with multi-million dollar equipment preferred
-Present enrollment in a related technical discipline or technical college preferred
- Demonstrated interest in aviation required
- Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 operation including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Demonstrated ability in detail and organization required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team required
- Apprenticeship positions are open to candidates with prior military experience who are transitioning from the Military to the civilian world.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 9 months ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....