Job ID: 13448
Offsite Territory: Birmingham, AL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Salesforce - 2502
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 75 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. Our company’s deep and diverse pipeline (over 25 compounds in clinical development, which address more than 30 of serious diseases) is a testimony to this commitment and has created accelerated growth opportunities across the organization.
We are expanding our sales teams and seeking talented hematology and oncology sales professionals with a proven track record and the drive and initiative to sell in markets that revolve around complex science. Celgene has been consistently ranked as one of top sales forces in the industry, because of the knowledge and support the sales team demonstrate to improving the lives of the patients we serve. Celgene is an organization that not only recognizes performance, but also the manner in which performance is achieved.
Hematology Oncology Consultants are responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of company products or services in his/her geographic territory. This territory encompasses Alabama, from Birmingham to the gulf coast. It also includes the panhandle of Florida, including Panama City to the East.
- Communicating with physicians and health care professionals in support of approved product indications.
- Providing customers with assistance in the best application of products: answers all questions concerning products, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Preparing and implementing a comprehensive business plan for territory.
- Contacting prospects and explaining features and benefits of products offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques all within the boundaries of the Celgene Promotional Policy.
- Collaborating with a variety of internal cross functional partners to include clinical nurse consultants, patient support specialists, marketers, account managers, advocate development managers and clinical liaisons.
- Planning and organizing promotional speakers programs in territory in partnership with Speakers Bureau vendor and advocate development managers.
- Providing support to customers in the implementation of STEPS and Rev Assist programs.
- Communicating competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management.
Celgene offers an innovative workplace where diversity and cross-functional experiences are embraced, providing individuals an opportunity for continued personal growth and reward. We invite top performers to apply now for the opportunity to join our Celgene Sales team.
- BS in Business or Science; 5+ years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with at least two years of related hematology/oncology sales strongly preferred (or proven success in medical field).
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop critical relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and private practice facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of oncology therapeutic area, products and marketplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes including reimbursement.
- Strong work ethic and ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment.
- Ability to integrate innovative ideas to accomplish corporate and individual objectives.
- Prefer individuals with the desire/ability to relocate for roles of different scope or responsibility.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.
Celgene - 17 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.