Mass Mutual is currently seeking a Senior Underwriter – Life for our Phoenix, AZ location
Chartered in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual” or the “Company”) is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The Company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, paying dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the 1860s. MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry, and is committed to maintaining a position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. MassMutual is ranked 121 on the 2012 Fortune 500 list and was also named one of Fortunes “Most Admired” companies.
Underwrite individual life insurance applications, within established guidelines for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis. We are seeking in office Underwriters for our Phoenix, AZ office.
- Determine whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through the evaluation of an individual’s medical history, physical condition, occupational hazards, financial background, insurable interest and/or other information pertinent to the underwriting decision
- Consult with the medical department concerning any questionable medical or personal situations; while engaging all other appropriate resources throughout the organization
- An Underwriter will be empowered to make risk decisions within stated authority levels and specific standard and substandard limits
- Partner with our field force to gather information on which to base decisions
- Balance customer satisfaction with sound risk discipline while continuously providing excellent service to our field partners
- 2+ years of experience with underwriting individual life insurance policies
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
- Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
- Individual typically has at least 5-7 years of related experience
- Ability to work in an open and collaborative environment that fosters teamwork throughout the new business and underwriting process
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
• Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
• Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
• Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
• Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceed expectations, beat the competition
CareerRookie.com - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard