Perform all duties related to all decorating, pastry production, sanitation, and stocking of all bakery products. Maintains a positive company image and provides courteous, friendly and efficient Guest Service.
Responsibilities & Qualifications :
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities of Bakery and Coffee Roaster position.
2. Perform all duties related to all decorating, pastry production, sanitation, and stocking of all bakery products.
3. Ability to communicate with, provide courteous, friendly and efficient Guest Service.
4. Maintain, organize, clean, stock and rotate daily received walk-in products.
5. Decorating and finishing of cakes and all pastry products.
6. Proper labeling and dating of all products.
7. Preparation of some mixes.
8. Maintain and continually clean and keep department organized.
9. Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
10. Request and insure proper signs for all sale items.
11. Participate in regional promotions program.
12. Controls spoilage: generate turn movement; and participates in monthly inventory.
13. Must strive to receive TCS score of 9.0 or better.
14. Comply with all applicable State Health and Safety codes.
15. Establish and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships.
16. Follow established weights and measures procedures (tares).
17. Perform other duties as assigned by TL, ATL or Store Leadership.
18. Maintain a safe and sanitary department. Report all life and safety and fire hazards to your Team Leader for correction. Comply with all occupational safety and health regulations. Report all accidents and injuries to your Team Leader or Store Leadership immediately.
19. The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties dose not excludes them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team.
Internal Applicants must submit "Application for Open Employment" or submit written approval from current STL.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. 1-year decorating experience required.
2. Thorough knowledge of Bakery and juice bar products industry trend as well as nutritional information.
3. Willingness to taste and evaluate all products offered in department
4. Ability to prioritize tasks
5. Ability to understand and effectively communicate Quality Goals to guests.
6. Ability to work well and communicate with others as a part of a team.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
8. Understand the importance of all waste, spoilage and transfers to department.
9. Able to perform physical requirements of job.
10. Ability to learn proper and safe usage of steam kettle, hot plate and Hobart mixer (must be 18 years of age or older)
11. Ability to work box bailer (must be 18 years of age or older).
12. Ability to work rotating shifts Monday through Sunday including some holidays.
1. Standing and walking for extended periods of time up to 8-10 hours.
2. Some stooping and climbing.
3. Bending and lifting not to exceed 50 pounds unassisted.
4. Repetitive use of arm and hand movement.
5. Work in varying temperatures. Subject to cooler and warmer temperatures.
6. Use of box cutters.
7. Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
8. Use of ladders.
9. Iteration of duties.
About Us :
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our Guests.
We look for individuals who are passionate about food, people, and our companies mission. We also look for well-rounded individuals who will help build our locations into profitable and beneficial members of their communities.
We are committed to mentoring Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores.
We look forward to seeing you in our stores!
Whole Foods Market - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...