Software Performance Engineer
Join this team to analyze and optimize Oracle Database products on Intel Xeon platforms. While impacting the success of Intel server business through your technical contributions, you'll also have the best opportunity to learn about the overall architecture and performance of Oracle software products. Behavioral traits for this position include: self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills. In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working closely with both Oracle's Database developers and Intel's processor architects and Linux developers
- Analyzing, characterizing, and optimizing Oracle* Database on Xeon servers
- Identifying opportunities to impact Oracle's software products with Intel's roadmap products, tools, and technologies
- Impacting Intel's roadmap products and technologies via utilizing knowledge of Oracle* software architecture and characteristics
You should possess a Master of Science or a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or a related field. We are specifically looking for new graduates (no more than 18 months after graduation).
Candidate must have 6+ months of educational or work experience in the follow:
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and databases
- Working knowledge of Linux* OS*
- Theory and practice of sound performance methodologies
- Basic knowledge of C/C++
Nov 12, 2012
May 9, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...