Professional Sales Representative (Continuous Recruitment)-DIR004713
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Position: Professional Sales Representatives (Continuous Recruitment)
This is a pipeline position which is used for resume collection only. We are currently receiving resumes for Sales Representative positions that may become available in the near future
You may have a profile created in the system in order to receive communications regarding job oppenings.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Promotes assigned Company products to physicians and other health care professionals through a quality customer service approach to effectively implement sales plans and achieve business goals. Achieves results by performing the following duties in compliance with Company policies and procedures, Ethical Business Standards and applicable regulations.
- Calls on physicians and other health care professionals according to call rate plan to provide accurate information to promote that Company products to be prescribed as indicated.
- Keeps abreast and updated on assigned products and disease knowledge to:
- Provide product information approved by the Company for promotion
- Ensure selling messages provide a balanced presentation
- Implement promotional strategies provided by marketing
- Plans, organizes and attend promotional activities according to marketing action plans and territory needs within approved budget.
- Analyzes market share data to validate physician's beliefs and delineate objectives of interaction with customers and evaluate business potential.
- Keeps updated on market dynamics and reports all information regarding physician/ customer response to action plans.
- Maximizes the use of territory management system to:
- Develop pre-call plan
- Perform post call analysis
- Compile and update lists of physicians to ensure targeting of identified key audiences that will drive the achievement of sales objectives in the assigned territories
- Ensure availability of accurate data for management revision and decision making
- Supports integrated campaign activities by attending medical events such as conventions, traveling faculty, and congresses.
- Prepared to actively participate in sales meetings and events according to agenda and additional requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
Legally authorized to work in the US.
BA/BS required. MBA/MS, preferred.
Three or more years of experience working in healthcare environment
Sales experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices or health insurance, preferred.
Possess PR valid driver's license
Possess Intermediate skills: MS Windows XP, MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Email, Outlook and Internet.
Fluently in English and Spanish (written and oral), on a business level.
Availability to work in business activities, during nights and weekends.
Availability to travel outside and within Puerto Rico.
Job: ZZ_Direct Sales Generic MAH
Primary Location: NA-Puerto Rico
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...