The successful candidate is expected to be a key contributor to the core filesystem/utilities component of HP's NAS products. Responsibilities will include the design and development of new filesystem/utilities features, maintaining and improving existing features and performance, debugging field and internal issues and fixing them.
The candidate must be effective in communication with project managers, other development engineers, test engineers, and as needed, technical support specialists and customers on product-related issues. Must be able to operate under minimal supervision. Little to no travel required.
The position requires a highly technical, hands-on, driven and well organized engineer. They must be able to learn the following topics quickly: system software, product lifecycle, product development methodologies, product definition and requirements planning, estimating effort and schedule input, documenting development strategies, interfaces, and designs, implementation, testing, documentation, and on-going product support.
If the engineer is not already located in Andover, MA , they MUST relocate at HP's expense within one month of accepting the position.
- Bachelors or Master degree in computer engineering or related field. Focus is on practical experience and application of concepts NOT theory.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of file system architecture and experience with developing file system components
- Minimum 4 years work experience, or graduate-level equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of software development and debugging.
- Some knowledge of networking (TCP/IP). NFS, SMB or other file system knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in design and development of distributed cluster software and/or client/server systems.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix working environment.
- Knowledge of Linux internals and kernel programming is not required, but considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, ability to learn and adopt quickly.
- Experience with NAS or other storage development is preferable.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
HP - 24 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...