Auto req ID: |
Mgr - Accounts Payable
Area of Interest:
Finance and Accounting
90084 Accounts Payable - MSC
1265 Laurel Tree Lane Suite 200
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will report to the Senior Director of Finance at the Member Support Center (MSC) offices in Carlsbad. The Accounts Payable Manager will supervise the accounts payable staff in processing and paying invoices for the company. The Manager will coach and lead his/her team to provide excellent customer service to our internal and external business partners. The Manager will have a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).The Manger will have a high degree of integrity in all aspects of his/her work. Success in this role will rely heavily on excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarize data in a format that highlights key issues and makes appropriate recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Managing Day to Day Accounts Payable Processing (70%)
· Oversee day to day accounts payable process consisting of 9 team members who pay approximately 30,000 invoices per month.
· Manage and facilitate process with the business and accounts payable clerks for clearing match exceptions.
· This position is responsible for ensuring proper monitoring and controls are in place per the Company Signing Authority Matrix.
· This position is responsible for ensuring the proper monitoring and controls are in place per the company Travel and Expense policy.
· Oversee the cash disbursement process for timely pay and manage discounts that are taken.
· Work closely with the treasury team to accurately project cash needs and manage vendor relationships to meet cash management initiatives.
· Work closely with procurement team on vendor management and relationship initiatives.
· Lead team to provide reporting on T&E, Ad Hoc queries and reports
· Provide training to accounts payable clerks on updated compliance regulations and policies.
· Lead weekly calls on cash and payment needs with the Procurement and Treasury team
· Process year end 1099s.
2. Accounting (20%)
Ensure ongoing monitoring and testing of SOX controls.Oversee accounts payable aging report to maintain invoices within the payment guideline initiativesWork with accounting to provide month end close reports for proper cut-off.Review month end reports for proper completion of reconciliations.Ensure month end A/P close steps are prepared and completed timely and accurately.Work closely with FP&A and real estate team to monitor spending of capital disbursements.Provide support on board decks as needed (i.e. travel and expense reports and donations)
3. Special Projects as they arise (10%)
· This position is primarily responsible for initiating and leading team members on projects which are designed to streamline and make the daily processes more efficient.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Candidate must be able to work with all levels of management both within Finance and with the non-financial business owners. Candidate will have frequent interaction with the, Director of Procurement, VP of Real Estate, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, SVP Controller, Treasury Team and VP of Retail. Candidate will also interface regularly with IT business analysts as well as managers and directors within IT.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a positive “Team Player” attitude, with the ability and willingness to contribute to the success of the department and company. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Must have strong leadership and managerial skills.
· Ability to appropriately communicate with all levels in the organization
· Exercise good judgment in elevating issues to management timely
· Understands and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Experience in making process improvements and/or recommendations to eliminate redundant or non-value added processes
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Ability to interact with external auditors.
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting CPA, MBA or equivalent experience required
3) Minimum experience:
Must have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience.A mix of experience in industry as well as “Big Four” public accounting experience is a plus. Must have 2- 4 years of supervisory experience.
4) Physical Requirements:
Must work on a computer for extended periods of time.Occasional travel maybe required.
24 Hour Fitness - 13 months ago
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....