School/Unit Harvard Divinity School Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Cambridge Job Function General Administration Time Status Part-time Schedule
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), one-year term appointment, paying $25/hour. The Coordinator will work approximately 4 hours each day Monday through Friday, though the schedule may vary depending on program needs. Alternative schedules may be considered. Department Academic Affairs Salary Grade 054 Union 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Duties & Responsibilities
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), one-year term appointment, paying $25/hour. The Coordinator will work approximately 4 hours each day Monday through Friday, though the schedule may vary depending on program needs. Alternative schedules may be considered.
Reporting to Professor Ahmed Ragab, faculty member at HDS, the Coordinator of Science, Religion and Culture Program (SRCP) serves as primary administrative contact and liaison for all activities and initiatives related to SRCP. Works independently with minimal supervision in an environment of conflicting priorities and is expected to make decisions independently within established program policies. Works closely with other members of the HDS and Harvard-wide communities towards SRCP mission and may take on additional responsibilities and perform other tasks that support the work of the HDS science and religion initiative, to be assigned.
Shared office space and computer provided. Some evening and weekend work might be required dependent upon programmatic coverage .
1. Responsible for events related to SRCP activities and initiatives, including ongoing communications and travel-related logistics for invited guest lecturers.
2. Coordinates student staffing levels for events.
3. Working closely with the faculty member, develops strategies for encouraging collaboration between HDS, and the wider Harvard community.
4. Manages approximately 12 HDS and 6 Harvard-wide events per year.
5. Assists in and supervises students in the designing of posters, publicity and advertising materials.
6. Hires and works with caterers and other outside vendors as necessary. Coordinates dinner reservations following events.
7. Works with grant manager on events supported by outside funding .
SRCP ADMINISTRATION (25%)
1. Coordinates room and space scheduling, responding to several inquiries per day, prioritizing conflicting requests, and recommending exceptions and changes.
2. Attends SRCP meetings with the faculty member to actively make recommendations and follow through with the action planning.
3. Prepares and processes all necessary travel and reimbursement documents and required financial forms.
4. Assists with website maintenance and development. Basic Qualifications BA/BS required with two-three years of relevant work experience, preferably related to program management and/or events. Relevant education may count towards work experience. Additional Qualifications
Interest in the study of religion or theology preferred. Must be able to work efficiently and exhibit strong attention to detail. Sucessful candidate will havae excellent interpersonal skills, be organized, a quick learner, and a self-starter. Must have an ability to work independently, but also as a dedicated team member. Must be able to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students. Experience and proficiency with MS Office products required. Harvard University systems experience a plus. Additional Information Drawing on its historical strength in Christian studies and its significant resources in global religious studies, Harvard Divinity School educates scholars, teachers, ministers, and other professionals for leadership and service both nationally and internationally. To help in building a world in which people can live and work together across religious and cultural divides, we strive to be a primary resource in religious and theological studies for the academy, for religious communities, and in the public sphere.
www.hds.harvard.edu Pre-Employment Screening Education
Identity Hourly Rate From 25.00 Hourly Rate To 25.00