The primary purpose of this job is to plan, communicate, purchase and monitor resource requirements to ensure timely and cost-effective receipt of required material and efficient delivery of finished product to customers. Analyzes, identifies and corrects inventory problems. Develops production and MRP schedules to ensure sales objectives are met.
1. Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Leads Lean material flow and inventory management initiatives in a proactive manner. Establishes production schedules, and devises methods and SOPs to achieve effective and efficient movement of materials and finished goods while maintaining minimum inventory investment.
3. Purchases and expedites direct materials per peripheral processes to meet production requirements. Facilitates customer service relations between customers and suppliers.
4. Maintains safe and ethical business practices and complies with Greatbatch policies and procedures.
5. Analyzes inventory variances, identifies root causes of discrepancies and provides effective corrective action.
6. Ensures full utilization and accuracy of Oracle and/or other computerized MRP and master scheduling system or other data systems.
7. Interfaces and coordinates between manufacturing, procurement, engineering, finance, sales and suppliers regarding schedule requirements and changes.
8. Manages departmental personnel in a manner that fosters a self-directed team approach and ensures adherence to quality system requirements.
9. Leads/participates in cost reduction, process improvement and quality improvement teams and develops continuous improvement efficiencies through the application of Lean principles.
10. Establishes clear accountabilities for Materials staff to motivate and develop through understanding and practice of lifelong learning.
11. Provides direction to ensure continuance of a strategic work environment.
12. Performs other functions as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: (education & experience)
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management or Business.
- Minimum Experience: 1-3 years in a production/manufacturing administration role.
- Specialized Knowledge: Strong knowledge of ERP or MRP software systems.
- Special Skills: APICS certification (CPIM) desired.
GB promotes and transfers individuals based on merit and qualifications, regardless of age, race, sex, religion, sexual preference, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- In current position a minimum of six (6) months
- Without written disciplinary action for past twelve (12) months
- Supervisory approval
Greatbatch - 17 months ago