POSITION OVERVIEW: The SQL Data Conversion Specialist converts data from specifications and statements of problems to computer code.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
· Converts data from multiple databases into SQL Server.
· Creates complex Transact SQL scripts with limited assistance
· Writes scripts/code as needed to facilitate database conversion
· Reconciles converted financial data to ensure conversion accuracy
· Interacts with trainers and clients to resolve data conversion issues
· Meets timelines for data conversion
· Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Problem Solving
· Customer Service
· Technical skill
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· 2 years of experience in data conversion.
· Strong experience in SQL Server, VB and SSIS.
· Experience with a wide variety of databases such as Access, Oracle, Fox Pro, Cobol, and
Windows Operating Systems.
· Experience with VFP, AS400, and Unix
· Experience with accounting software preferred, but not required.
EDUCATION: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college preferred, but not required .
TRAVEL: This position does not require travel .
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Computer Software Innovations, Inc. - 14 months ago