Kleinschmidt Associates, a renewable energy and water resources consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to help lead electrical engineering efforts in either our Pittsfield or Falmouth, Maine, offices.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and hold a Professional
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a consulting electrical engineer with
experience in a related field such as with a hydro utility
- Experience with complex design, repairs, and/or construction of hydroelectric projects
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and remotely
- Possesses highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Willing to Travel
- Actively participates in local, state or national engineering societies or associations
- Must possess current authorization to work in the United States.
Typical duties include:
- Conceptualizes the initial electrical design approach for major phases of large facility
projects, or is responsible for the electrical engineering work on limited scope
- Designs, monitors, and coordinates ongoing progress of projects
- Plans, prepares and/or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and
- Participates in contract bidding and administration
The successful candidate will immediately begin to participate as part of a team of technical professionals working on hydro and other “green energy” projects in the U.S.
Kleinschmidt offers competitive benefits and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm. All applicants must possess current authorization to work in the United States. Kleinschmidt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.