T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry’s needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
• Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
• Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
• Educational Assistance
• Company Bonus Program"
This position serves as the primary liaison between the customer and operating departments within TDW. In conjunction with field sales and technicians, the candidate is responsible for ensuring customer requirements have been correctly identified and communicated in the TDW systems to ensure customer satisfaction.
1. Maintains databases of information necessary to support the activities of the Regional operation, including Technician certification training, safety training, DOT compliance, on-the-job accidents and field incidents.
2. Prepares reports from data bases and other sources for management review and to be used in making budget decisions. Mails monthly report to field sales personnel of quotes for follow-up, and enters their responses in appropriate database.
3. Responds to requests from customers for information regarding job procedures, Owners/Contractor questionnaires, OSHA logs, etc. for the Region.
4. Negotiates contracts in conjunction with field Sales (daily requests, annual blanket orders as well as progressive maintenance agreements), ensuring market valued pricing and acceptable terms of sale while supporting pre-defined TDW pricing policies and guidelines. Assists TDW customers, through proper communications, to define which TDW product or group of products best addresses the customers operational requirements.
5. Manages the processing of orders in a timely and accurate manner (includes but is not limited to: determining appropriate TDW part number which defines the required product, establishing new bill-to and ship-to addresses, credit negotiations with Credit Manager, including Letters of Credit where applicable, change order maintenance, establishes or negotiates delivery dates of customer requirements with the help of Master Scheduling and/or Manufacturing, order expediting as needed, setting shipping terms and methods, commission allocations, assigning tax codes, etc.).
6. Generates quotations with selling prices for products and services in accordance with guidelines and maintains historical files on price development. Communicates delivery requirement trends, as well as anticipated "project" type orders to the appropriate operating functions. Implements and maintains product price increases as directed by the Customer Service Manager or Supervisor in the omar and man/man databases. Maintains product price list for distribution. Generates field service paperwork for technicians.
7. Networks with other TDW functions to enable effective coordination of all customer issues such as complaints, inquiries on applications of TDW products, literature, shipment tracing, order expediting, customer inspections, etc., with the most appropriate TDW function equipped to address the issue, ensuring timely response to the customer through priority management of the open issues.
8. Develops and maintains personal communications expertise (telephone, Facsimile, E-Mail, written documents and oral activities), as well as the communication systems expertise within the department to utilize current technologies in addressing the customers, as well as broadening the intracompany communications within TDW.
9. Maintains the appropriate personal awareness of new TDW products and modified products, industry design codes and trends, market environment issues, TDW operational procedures, reasonable understanding of manufacturing process and knowledge about current TDW products, etc. to ensure intelligent and professional communications with the marketplace. Reviews new technologies and assists in determining those technologies, which will enhance the effectiveness of TDW addressing current market requirements.
10. Manages projects as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager, which include project orders as well as projects for improvement/change within the department or region.
11. Communicates with freight forwarders to obtain proper shipping instructions, schedule vessels and/or trucks to pick up loads. Also responsible for special invoices required, prepares the necessary data package.
12. Answers telephone, refers calls, takes messages, and answers diversified inquiries from internal and external sources; acts as liaison between the Regional Manager and staff to support effective communications. Opens, sorts and distributes mail, preparing responses to routine inquiries following established guidelines.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required; some college or business school desirable. Current experience as a Jr. Inside Sales Representative and Associate Degree with experience in design, field services, or manufacturing
2. Understand mechanical products, engineering terminology, and general usage of TDW equipment.
3. Must have excellent human relations skills when communicating with all levels of company employees as well as outside contacts. Must be able to communicate well, both verbal and in writing, and be able to function efficiently in stressful situations with customers.
4. Must be proficient in the use of current computer and communications technologies, including but not limited to PC skills on database, spreadsheets and word processing and communication skills such as E-Mail.
5. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a high stress, short lead time environment.
T.D. Williamson, Inc. - 14 months ago