What you will do (External)
THE MISSION OF A KEY LEADER (the Role):
The Key Leader is a key part of the Store Leadership Team and as such supervises the retail floor and takes initiative, delegates work and provides feedback to the team, follows up on outstanding issues and is a star “go to” person. Under the supervision and direction of the Store Manager, the position assists in any leadership duties that arise, thereby working directly with the Store Manager & Assistant Manager, as well as directly supervising the community leader and educator in the stores. The Key Leader also works closely with the Store Leadership Team in supporting the general store operation function.
KEY LEADER MUST HAVE’S (the Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications):
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A KEY LEADER (the Tasks):
- Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or other fitness, health or sports activities required. We expect you as part of the Leadership Team to be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team
- Passionate for the lululemon athletica retail floor and product movement – Guest Experience
- Strong sense of personal style and athletically minded
- Extraordinary proven leadership capabilities – Entrepreneurship – an Ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
- Ability to inspire a team – Leaders create a future that wouldn’t have existed otherwise
- Take full responsibility and accountability for their lives and results – Live a life they love
- Integrity – Do what they say they will do, by when they say they will do it
- Open to giving & receiving feedback – they feel there is always more to learn and have a willingness to admit mistakes
- Excellent team player – always in the game right along with their people
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills - Proactive and solution-oriented
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Responsible and dependable
- Innovative and insightful around their responsibilities and how to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
- One year’s work experience in retail sales - preferred
- Completion of post secondary education – preferred
- General computer knowledge
The key objective of the position is to ensure that the retail store runs well in the absence of the Manager or Assistant Manager. In this position you will be responsible for:
A KEY LEADER’S WORKING DAY (the Hours):
- Assisting in the key aspects of store operations and in ensuring the successful delivery of the lululemon athletica culture, philosophy, values, and vision of raising the overall level of health in our communities
- Encourages and energizes staff, and assists in evolving in-store functions and flow
- Directly supervises Educators when managing the floor
- Unpacks boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 - 30 lbs
- Under the direction of the Store and Assistant Manager, performs and completes other additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or request
The Key Leader role is full time and works 24-40 hours per week managing and educating on the retail floor. We expect all full-time employees to be available to open and close, at a minimum, twice per week. Everyone must work one weekend day.
SELF DEVELOPMENT/LEARNING (the Growth):
The Key Leader is fully enrolled and is an advocate for the culture of lululemon athletica and the tools available for personal growth and development such as the library, Brian Tracy CD’s, and goal coaching. They understand these tools and work to enroll the rest of the team in them.
Proactively acquires knowledge/education regarding company general information, news bulletins, store policy, processes, quality control, new garments/styles, customer feedback/experiences, and staff information/communiqué.
What makes you great (External)
lululemon athletica - 11 months ago
You needn't be a tart to sport lululemon athletica attire. The company designs and sells yoga-inspired apparel under the lululemon...