Senior Software BIOS Engineer
This Software BIOS Engineer position will focus on BIOS and Firmware development in C for Windows* and Linux* PCs. In this position, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Designing, developing/coding and debugging BIOS/Firmware
- Reviewing and providing strong feedback on firmware and software architecture specifications and design specifications
- Debugging software and system issues
- Responding to customer and/or client requests or events as they occur and developing solutions to problems
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills
- Working well within a team environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experience.
- Must have a Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- At the Masters level, minimum 3 years of experience with C/C++
- At the Bachelors level, minimum 4 years of experience with C/C++
- For either degree:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with BIOS and\or FW development
- Minimum 3 years of experience with processor, SOC and/or PC system level architectures
- Minimum 2 years of experience with hardware skills: PC platform, BIOS, Drivers and/or IO technologies
- For either degree:
- 3+ years of experience in development of legacy BIOS such as Phoenix, AMI and/or experience with UEFI, EDK cores
- 3+ years of experience in direct FW development, C programming in an embedded context with constrained resources
- 3+ years of experience with debug and technical problem solving
- 2+ years of experience working with Intel CPUs, memory controllers, IO Hubs, and PC architecture
- 2+ years of experience with Intel x86 Assembly Language
- 2+ years of experience with Linux* kernel and drivers
- 1+ years of experience with ARC controller and GHS tools
- 1+ years of experience with board level diagnostic tools/utilities
Jan 16, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Atom(TM) and SoC Development Group
Employees in Intel's Atom(TM) and SoC Development Group design and implement the Intel mobile technology used in notebooks, netbooks, nettops, phones, ultra-mobile PCs and other portable devices. Intel's industry leading technology includes processors, System-on-Chips (SoCs), Enhanced Data for GSM Environment (EDGE), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), Wi-Fi and WiMAX wireless radios. These technologies are driving the new mobile era of semiconductors, where people will carry their computing with them, making it truly personal. This group is growing very quickly, and has the broadest set of mobile and wireless technologies in the industry. The group developed and is producing the Intel Atom (TM) processor and several related products.
Job requires local resident or a relocation to Austin.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...