Position Summary: Support the growth of the system by assuring the quality performance of the installation and technical services of all Cox Communication products. Ensure the quality of services provided to end users meets or exceeds established standards. Coordinate with all functional departments (both corporate and system) regarding the optimization of overall business efforts.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Primary responsibilities and tasks are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All requirements, however, are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Employees have the responsibility of notifying their Supervisor and Human Resources of any disability, which may require their position or responsibilities to be modified.
Position reports to:
Mgr, Field Service
Direct Reports include:
· Home Service Tech¿s
· Universal Home Tech¿s
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
· Assures the delivery of the highest quality services to end users, establishes and maintains standards for satisfaction of the end users.
· Provides direction and guidance in the preparation of programs to assure adequate training and development of personnel to ensure optimal performance of individuals.
· Assures company compliance with safety regulations while promoting safety awareness among employees.
· Manages the field service operation to ensure that both short and long term operation objectives and financial goals are met.
· Establishes budgets and forecasts; assures operating costs remain within the approved budget.
· Assures inventory control and maintenance by rendering vehicle, tools and material checks on field service representatives.
· Assures a smooth integration of new products and service offerings into the field service operation.
· Coordinates with various operating units within Cox Communications to ensure the maximization of profit potential and cost reduction and the provision of excellent service.
SPAN OF CONTROL / COMPLEXITY
· Activities may be more diverse and complex and/or may involve more than one shift or area
· In conjunction with higher management, ensures that work is performed consistently with CCI policies and procedures
CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR
· Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays, inefficiencies, or unnecessary expenses and affect the efficiency and effectiveness of the people managed
TYPICAL PROBLEMS SOLVED
· Identification/application of solutions is more likely to be based on similar prior experiences, not on ingenuity; problems are generally clearly defined
· Assigns and checks work
· Provides guidance and training
· Manages overtime
· Focused on maintaining steady workflow and productivity, meeting service/productivity standards, and resolving operational problems and handling disturbances
TECHNICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE WORK PERFORMED
· Almost fully focused on supervising service, production, or support work
· May manage a project or process that is more broadly defined within a larger functional area
· Primary input to hiring, performance, rewards and other employee related issues.
· Primary contribution is supervising other people (rather than applying knowledge)
· Supervises support, production, and/or lower level professional individual contributor employees
· Schedules work for optimum efficiency and productivity
· Provides day-to-day work direction
· Schedules and approves vacation and overtime
· May be a project or process manager without direct reports responsible for influencing and coordinating with non-reporting resources
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline; some disciplines may only require Associates degree.
· Generally 3 to 5 years experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas
Additional System Requirements
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to attend other meetings outside this schedule as required.
· PC experience required
· Proven strong leadership skills and abilities.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Valid NV driver¿s license, good driving record required.
Recommended Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· AA degree preferred or minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a ¿services¿ industry preferred, or similar experience or education considered
· Two years electronics training preferred.
· Two to three yrs field exp preferred.
· .Excel experience preferred.
· Assist in meeting monthly departmental goals.
Confidential and Sensitive Information: Limited access to customer information
· Contributes to development of an operating plan, budget, and performance goals (revenue and/or expense) for the work group(s) managed and the department of which it is a part
· May manage elements/portions of a budget
· Subject to working in confined spaces, and exposure to temperature and weather extremes, traffic, heights and electricity.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs in a safe manner.
· Ability to use a 28¿ extension ladder and climbing equipment.
· Ability to work in tight spaces such as crawl spaces and attics.
· Ability to work in all weather conditions in a safe manner.
Tools And Equipment:
· Nextel phone
· Two-way radio
· Shared company vehicle
· Standard office equipment
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications - 18 months ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...