Position Code: 13-PD-131
Reports To: Director, IT
Department: Corporate IT
Sr. Storage/Linux System Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, and operating infrastructure and systems automation for several HPC clusters (10+K servers). Requires working closely with the Software and Hardware engineering team to define goals and solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend network software and hardware for the enterprise system including capacity modeling
- Jointly responsible for maintaining customized LINUX kernel derived from CentOS in support of Production compute
- Contribute to the evolving architecture of our storage service to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability, and price.
- Work with core production support personnel in IT and Engineering to automate deployment and operation of the infrastructure
- Ability to work with and as a member of the IT Operations group as required to refine our Production capabilities: testing, kernel issues, compatibility and deployment of new versions of custom software
- Identify hardware and software technical problems, storage and/or related system malfunctions, as well as upgrade and deploy SANs, NAS and related servers and services
- Creation of metrics and measures of utilization and performance
- Capacity planning and implementation of new/upgraded hardware and software releases as well as for storage infrastructure.
- Help define OS standards and processes. Particularly processes like initial deployment, promotion to production and change management.
- Responsible for monitoring the Linux community and report on important changes/enhancements to the team.
- Ability to work well with a global team of highly motivated and skilled personnel - interaction and dialog are requisite in this dynamic environment
- 7-10+ years of large scale Linux/Unix/Operating system experience, HPC experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience supporting critical applications on the LINUX / UNIX operating system including OS installation and upgrade, package management, volume management, security auditing, and performance tuning
- Experience with High Availability NAS and SAN technologies. Isilon experience a must
- Experience working with tier-storage and cloud storage vendor such as Amazon a plus
- Solid basis in systems management automation using industry-standard open-source tools such as Python, Perl, PHP, Bash, Puppet.
- Experience with complex networking infrastructure including firewalls, VLANs, and load balancers
- Prior experience with remote monitoring and event handling using Nagios.
- Solid ability to write scripts in languages like Tk, Perl, or a shell.
- Prior experience with performance tuning, capacity planning and workload mapping a plus.
- Strong networking and Windows/Linux interoperability experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Good collaboration & communication skills, ability to participate in interdisciplinary team.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...