Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Healthcare Services
State & City: PA-Philadelphia
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 37527BR-2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 169,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world's second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world's largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
Healthcare is a transforming industry due to legislative and regulatory demands, technology challenges, and societal trends. Our growing Health Industries Advisory practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help healthcare institutions around the world to anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. Our practitionars are supported by a dedicated health research unit, which is managed by a physician partner and provides our clients with cutting-edge intelligence, perspective, and analysis on issues transforming the health industry. Our professionals have deep health industry expertise and include physicians, nurses, system specialists, health policy analysts, actuaries, financial advisors, and data analysts. The Healthcare Advisory practice is aligned across: Healthcare Provider, Healthcare Payers, and Pharmaceutical and Life Science.
Our Operations consultants help clients realize competitive advantage from operations. This high performing team translates business strategy into operations strategy and transforms operations to drive both growth and profitability. Specific areas of focus include global footprint and network design, product innovation and development, sales and operations planning, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations, logistics, and capital programs.
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and understanding of, and success with managing client engagements and producing solutions that involve, the following areas:
- Transaction lifecycles of Financial, Healthcare, Federal and Product and Services products
- Financial operations, including the financial close, planning and forecasting processes
- Operations and administration of Financial, Healthcare, Federal , Product and Services businesses
- Data and systems interactions including IT tools and technology
- Documentation and the identification of key controls within the transaction lifecycle
- Statutory Reporting, GAAP or IFRS requirements
-Trends of global organizations utilizing pragmatic approaches to achieve sustainable financial functions and operating models
Demonstrated proven extensive functional knowledge of business intelligence and performance management software tools
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with utilizing tools and techniques to contribute to the delivery of financial effectiveness strategies for global, financial service clients
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with identifying, addressing and managing client needs including:
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement
- Communicating value propositions, utilizing PC applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to write and deliver proposals to prospective clients
- Managing resource requirements, project workflows, budgets, billing and collections
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success as a team leader by:
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Answering questions and providing direction to less experienced staff
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Developing, writing, presenting and facilitating discussions on strategy to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
6 years of relevant experience in Financial, Healthcare, Federal or Products and Services Industries
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
Bachelorâ€™s in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
'-Master's Degree in Accounting is desirable
Additional skills preferred: Thorough knowledge of revenue cycle functions within a large healthcare provider in one of the following roles: director of revenue cycle, patient account manager, director of finance, director of patient access. Thorough experience working on large cash acceleration including patient access and request management, cash collection and posting, coding and charge capture, claims process and follow up, and the technology that support these processes.
PwC - 14 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...