Located in Stamford, CT, the Trader will have primary responsibility for trading CMBS, for developing CMBS strategy and for executing trades. In addition, the trader will also assume responsibility for trading other areas of structured credit, support other asset classes as needed, and be a back up for RMBS and ABS trading. This position reports to the head of trading and will work closely with the other asset class traders as well as the research, asset management, risk and portfolio management teams. The trader will be responsible for identifying best fit for the portfolio for both new and existing holdings.
- Manage CMBS portfolio including developing a solid CMBS strategy for both existing holdings and new investment, executing trades, sourcing bonds for investment
- Develop thorough knowledge of Genworth's portfolios, parameters, and existing holdings, and use that knowledge to make decisions and recommendations to best fit needs
- Follow CMBS market movements, the economy, and the broader markets to maintain educated opinions on relative value, views on credit trends, market outlook
- Closely follow all changes to CMBS market: policy, regulatory, market practices, etc and regularly educate Investments team on impact to portfolio and general markets
- Will assume additional asset class trading responsibility and will back up for RMBS and ABS trading
- Report on and discuss markets and CMBS in Asset Management morning meetings, weekly and monthly reviews
- Work with research team to prepare quarterly sector performance reviews for senior management
- Regular interaction with research and other asset management colleagues to evaluate and make recommendations on portfolios and possible transactions
- Maintain strong relationships with the street
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, or related area(s) of study
- 10+ years trading experience in CMBS for an Insurance Company or other major Institutional Investor
- Thorough knowledge of asset class and its structures, drivers, investment participants and regulatory environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong trading and analytic skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to influence decision making
- Ability to quickly assess information and apply
- Experience working with large teams in a matrix organization
- MBA or CFA
- In depth knowledge or work experience of other structured asset classes
- Experience working with analytical tools such as Bloomberg, BlackRock Solutions, Trepp, Intex, etc.
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 3 years ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....