Works under direct supervision within the Family Support section of Community Services to assist clients and perform case management.
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 43 Minimum Qualifications 1. Three (3) years experience in Case Management, Social Work or related experience; and
2. Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Business Administration, or a closely related field; or
3. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE) Special Requirements 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one as of employment date.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County standards of insurance. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Conduct initial interviews with SCCSA clients.
2. Prepare client files and individual histories.
3. Provide information, support and counseling necessary to assist clients in meeting program goals and requirements.
4. Arrange referrals and follow-up interviews as needed.
5. Conduct in-home visits.
6. Collect data for needs assessment and eligibility documentation.
7. Assist in mobilizing community resources on behalf of SCCSA clients.
8. Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of methods and techniques of counseling and application intake.
2. Ability to establish and maintain meaningful rapport with clients.
3. Ability to write meaningful reports.
4. Ability to gather and interpret case histories.
5. Ability to identify and work with other similar agencies.
6. Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Work Location 2670 Union Extended, Suite 500, Memphis, Tennessee 38112 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 23 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...