Our business is built on our ability to present actionable information and to provide reliable, obvious, and convenient interfaces. You develop these interfaces with obsessive attention to functional as well as aesthetic detail. You’re test-driven, your controllers are skinny, REST is second nature, etc. You want to join a team of people like you, who are excited about working together in a fast-growing startup environment.
Key responsibilities include:
Paydici's web interface is key to our success and our Web Developers make sure that thing is smooth, fast and reliable.
- turn designer's comps into functioning (web) product
- own bug and feature stories from inception through, prototyping, coding, deployment and acceptance testing
- participate in the agile, story-based, test-driven development process
- identify, recommend, and implement new web technologies
Who We Are
Businesses of all kinds struggle with billing their customers, accepting payments, and offering modern conveniences like online account access and paperless billing. Paydici helps small and medium-size businesses take advantage of "utility grade" billing infrastructure off the shelf, by tying together a diverse set of banking technology, electronic payments, mail and remittance processing, accounting, and software endpoints into one hosted service. We’re passionate about helping our customers effortlessly send bills and collect money, and about providing a great user experience to our customer’s customer.
Paydici is revenue-focused and scrappy, well capitalized, and privately funded by professional investors. We’re out to build a great company here in Portland, Oregon with a tight-knit, high-performance team.
We work in a cool Old Town office in the center of a thriving entrepreneurial community. Our culture is casual, and our work schedules are flexible—get your work done and we’re happy. If you want to work from home or coffee shops part of the time, that’s fine. We’re bike & dog friendly (for the right bike and/or dog) and it’s close to great transportation, coffee, and food.
A natural outcome of our culture of accountability is our flexible vacation program. There is no fixed limit on vacation. The day-to-day team situation dictates what's appropriate. The right answer is what works for you two and the team. When your commitments are handled and you need a break: you take a break.
About Our Technology Stack
You Must Have
- a sense of humor
- your own super-powers: work-related and non-work-related!
- solid software engineering practices: agile, story-driven development, source code control (Git), test-driven development
- Ruby on Rails: you know it backward and forward
- proven ability to implement site designs and to adhere to a style guide (provided)
- Ubuntu (or other Linux) programming environment experience
What We're Offering
- solid understanding of web security
- strong database skills
- ability and desire to learn new programming languages
- Sass: you wouldn't think of building a site without Sass or something like it
- knowledge of scalable, secure system architecture, queue processing, workflow processing architecture
- competitive blended salary (cash+equity) based on your experience — we’re open to working out the right mix for you
- 9 paid holidays per year
- vacation: unlimited, after you've met your commitments
- annual TriMet pass
- bike and dog friendly
- Powell’s Books 1-1 matching —we’ll reimburse you for one book purchased at Powell’s each month
Paydici - 12 months ago