Do you like:|
Then be a part of our Global Services Tools Development Team! We design, build, and maintain custom tools and reports that help us quickly satisfy critical customer requests, allowing us to make time-sensitive decisions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter interested in working in a busy and dynamic environment where quality, attention to detail, customer service, and a professional manner are highly valued.
- having creative freedom in your coding?
- learning what needs to get done, rather than being told how to get it done?
- working on ad-hoc business needs vs. incremental version releases?
Who We Are
Isilon Systems, a division of EMC, is the global leader in scale-out storage. We engineered the complexity out of the system to offer customers a storage platform that's simple to install, manage and scale. Powered by our OneFS® operating system, our platform combines a robust suite of management applications and enterprise-class hardware to deliver meaningful and sustainable productivity enhancements. Our three product lines provide a broad range of options to address enterprise storage needs. Our software applications provide enterprise-grade storage management, protection, and distribution capabilities.
- Design, code, test, and implement tools to automate tasks or make them more efficient using a three-tier architecture model
- Administer Global Services owned business systems (user accounts, configuration, server maintenance, server configuration and set up)
- Gather requirements and form into use cases, capturing tools requests and workflow suggestions while understanding what needs to be developed
- Promote collaboration through cross training, peer code reviews and shared quality assurance efforts
- Recommend technical approaches within Design and Specification documentation
- Flourish in an interrupt driven environment
- A creative and skilled tools developer with at least 2-3 years experience architecting, developing, and maintaining multi-tier systems and applications
- A self-starter able to handle critical and multiple concurrent needs
- The ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products
- Communication skills necessary to interact with a wide audience including support engineers, end-users, and management
- Technical skills in the following areas:
- LAMP stack (Linux Apache MySQL & MS SQL Server and PHP/Python) development
- Unix / Linux environments including shell scripting
- SQL / Database design and maintenance (MS SQL Server & MySQL)
- Cross-platform web application and OOP development
- C#/.NET, PHP or Python framework (Zend, Pylons, CodeIgniter or other), ExtJS, Groovy scripting/coding
- Axeda, RightNow, Salesforce administration and/or development
- UX, heuristics, or dashboard development
- Linux, Unix and/or Windows OS administration
EMC - 10 months ago
EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its data...