Full time position with an Anchorage-based software development company. Position involves entering client information into a database, helping to process incoming orders, preparing software and hardware components for domestic and international shipments, maintain and order product inventory and supplies for companys products, which involve the subjects of geomatics, photogrammetry, imagery, surveying, mapping, remote sensing, and computer-aided design (CAD). Learn proprietary software with the intention of providing day-to-day operational technical support as well as providing on-site training and demonstrations to worldwide client base.
RESPONSIBILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Work cooperatively with existing technical support and administrative staff with the following tasks:
- Help process incoming work orders
- Enter data such as component serial numbers into database
- Order hardware and software components from various vendors
- Prepare software and hardware components for domestic and international shipments (e.g. creating software CDs, CD labels, assembling hardware)
- Assisting technical support staff when required
- Write purchase orders
- Track hardware returns
- Order necessary supplies
- Maintain product inventory
- Provide technical support via telephone and email
- Provide on-site training and technical demonstrations to worldwide client base
- College degree (or soon to completion) preferably within Geomatics
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized and thorough
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work with diverse staff
- 2 years experience with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of PC computers
- Familiarity with the Geomatics field
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
Applicant must provide at least three references for a routine background check indicating a stable work history and/or education.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Competitive salary offered, commensurate with experience, with attractive benefits package including health/life/disability insurance, savings and retirement plans, personal leave and holidays. Applicant must pass a drug test if hired.
DATEM Systems International - 17 months ago
At DAT/EM, we are committed to providing the highest quality products and best possible service. If you have a suggestion or request, please...