The Pharmacy Assistant performs non-clinical pharmacy duties assigned by Pharmacist and/or Pharmacy Technician Supervisor. They are under the general supervision of the pharmacist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Operates pharmacy cash register and other counter tasks.
- May order, receive and stock pharmacy wholesaler and distributor drug orders.
- May file and retrieve pharmacy records as directed by pharmacist
- May answer phone calls from prescribers authorizing refills when no change in prescription is involved.
- May generate a refill label if no changes are needed in the prescription.
- May pre-pack medications from stock bottle for later filling.
- May assist MAP coordinator in processing manufacturer supplied medications, applications, and contacting patients.
- May give refilled medications to patients when no counseling is required and pharmacist requests.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must complete Pharmacy Assistant certification with Washington State Board of Pharmacy within 90 days of hire