Plans, organizes, coordinates and provides classroom training, on-site training and support to automated medical records system users, including ancillary users and new hires. Serves as automated medical record system application expert. Partners with project leads to ensure integration of automated medical record system information into training and support activities. Develops and oversees production of training materials, tools and curriculum, customizing where appropriate. Builds and maintains training environment and develops trainers as coaches and applications experts. Consults with vendors to customize training products and services as needed.
• Serves as automated medical record system application expert regarding functionality, usage, clinical workflow, ancillary, and content topics. Partners with project leads to ensure integration of automated medical record system information into training and support activities. Builds and maintains training environment to support ongoing operational training needs.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts automated medical record system training. Assures dissemination of accurate information through presentations. Coaches other training team members.
• Provides support and coaching to automated medical record system users during go-live period. Develops automated medical record system trainers as coaches and resources.
• Supports users training on WBT, BrainShark, Sametime, and other technology-based training tools.
• Partners with National and other regional KP HealthConnect training teams to develop automated medical record system training materials. Develops and oversees production of customized local training materials and curriculum and new hire training. Updates materials as needed to incorporate system upgrades, learnings, etc.
• Evaluates all automated medical record system training/support activities, programs and materials.
• Partners with deployment coordinator and site leadership to develop training and support plan/schedule for each site.
• Develops other automated medical records trainers as applications experts.
• Assesses results of user readiness surveys. Provides tools, information and training where indicated to enhance user readiness for automated medical record system implementation.
• Researches and remains abreast of new concepts, theories of learning and behaviors, as it relates to technology and training. Evaluates learning methods, curricula, materials and learning aids to determine applicability/usefulness for organization. Assists with negotiating and/or coordinating with internal and external training/development resources to utilize available services in developing programs. Consults with vendors to customize training products and services. Maintains vendor relationships.
• Collaborates with colleagues in other Kaiser Regions/Divisions to keep current regarding skills-building programs and to borrow/share such programs as appropriate.
• Three years professional training experience with some experience in curriculum development, OR five years professional/technical experience in healthcare involving clinical workflow/operations or clinical systems support.
• Bachelor's degree in organizational behavior, human resources development, education, related field; or equivalent related experience.
• Certification in one or more applications by Epic Systems Corporation (must obtain within one year of hire).
• Demonstrated ability to present effectively, and to design and write curriculum.
• Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of organization, including senior management and physicians.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in customer service, creativity/innovation, group presentations, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, written communication, organizational skills, team player, independent working, results orientation, problem solving, group process facilitation, influence, systems thinking, team building, negotiation, adaptability, coaching, mentoring, modeling and recognition.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
• Technical training experience.
• Master's degree. Post high school coursework in curriculum design, public speaking and psychology or related area.
• Familiarity with web applications.
Kaiser Permanente - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...